I believe these were taken at a Tanner family reunion - up in the Cove? In 1983 or 1984? I'm not sure of the year - I don't know if I was there. I'm wondering if this reunion was in 1984, when I spent the summer in Phoenix on my internship/fellowship with the Arizona Republic. Anyway, the above image is a classic Grouse Creek shot - a footrace. Aaron has crashed the "old guys" party for the chance to pick up some extra coins at the finish line (what is the line, Lori or Mitch, a nickel to run, a quarter if you win?).
The bottom image - if I didn't know better - looks like the cattle-happy Tanners/Taylors have taken to roasting a pig. I'm sure its a good share of a side of beef. Of course, another Taylor boy ends up being the focal point of the photo - Al's shorts are so short they look like no shorts at all.


Comments/suggested captions
- TOP: "The Tanner and Taylor men hear the dinner bell." -- Scott, 01-27-09
- TOP: "One awkward glance of Alan's short shorts and skinny legs and camp members quickly excuse themselves." -- Scott, 01-27-09
- TOP: "Unable to beat other runners in his age-group race, the younger kids' dash, the babies' crawl, the girls' sprint or the women's skip-around-the-tents relay, Aaron makes his last-ditch effort against in "the geezer guys' gallop." -- Scott, 01-27-09
- BOTTOM: "Frightened to death when seeing his brother Alan's legs for the first time, Aaron is ceremoniously wrapped in aluminum foil and laid to rest on Tanner ranch property. His father and uncles served as pallbearers; his brother Alan as honorary pallbearer." -- Scott, 01-27-09
- "I loved seeing the pictures of the reunion before the re-onion, the original! :) " -- Megan, 01-27-09
- TOP: "Alan, after eating ALL of the baked beans, created a panic amongst all the other 'onions.' " -- Mitch, 01-28-09
- BOTTOM: "In regards to Al's shorts -- or lack thereof: Please put some pants on!" -- Aaron, 02-02-09
- TOP: "I've got some pretty good running form! ... And some really good fashion sense, too! You can never go wrong with a BYU shirt and red sweats." -- Aaron, 02-02-09
- "Pretty sure it was 1984, because I was there with a little toddler, Austin, and Scott was gone! I do not remember the aluminum foil mummy, though! Wonder who died!" -- Cheryl, 02-02-09
No comments:
Post a Comment