Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Grandma 'frets' over Guitar Hero performance


   Move over, Judds. There's another mother-daughter music duo making a debut - that would be Lori Taylor and Carole Olsen, the latter a-pickin' and a-grinnin' on the XBox guitar (OK, we made up the "grinnin' " part. Actually, Lori's contribution to the performance was shouting out colors for Grandma to press on the guitar. Don't worry, kids, your high scores are still safe.
   For the record, this was taken during Thanksgiving weekend 2008 in Provo. Coming soon to a concert hall near you.

Comments/suggested captions
  • "Oh how I love this moment! My grandma is the coolest!" -- Jenna, 01-21-09
  • "Granma is a rockin' and Louis is doin' a jig." -- Mitch, 01-21-09
  • "Babies don't let your grammas grow up to be rockstars." -- Mitch, 01-21-09
  • "Grandma: 'Let me try a good Perry Como song ... What? There's no Perry Como? OK, how about Mitch Miller then? Mormon Tab?' " -- Mitch, 01-21-09
  • "I had heard of such an event occuring, but I now have proof! Hopefully this dynamic duo will be making an appearance in our hometown. :)" -- Megan, 01-21-09
  • "Is that Hendrix in the white shirt?" -- Aaron, 01-22-09
  • "I don't think I signed a release for those ugly pictures of me. You'll be hearing from my attorney." -- Grandma Carole, 01-26-09
  • "What a guitar player! I've had so many offers since they saw the picture on MTV: Oldest Grandma Guitar Performer on Earth." -- Grandma Carole, 01-26-09

No comments:

Post a Comment